CGCHE will accept membership applications for the 2019-2020 school year until 31 Dec 2019. Exceptions to the application acceptance deadline can be made for families new to the area or new to homeschooling.
Membership dues are $30 (unless registered early).
Membership is effective 1 August 2019 through 31 July 2020.
CGCHE membership includes:
1. Access to our directory that includes activity contacts, member contacts and a business directory.
2. Access to the CGCHE private Facebook pages and Groupspaces. You will receive current information and reminders on upcoming events and activities, as well as any changes to the CGCHE calendar. As a member of our Groupspaces, you will be able to view/post messages, access files, and view the calendar. In addition, the Facebook groups are a great place to go when you have a question about home schooling or need a recommendation for local businesses.
3. All parents’ meetings held during the year.
4. Access to members-only CGCHE sponsored events such as holiday parties, field day and other activities.
Statement of Agreement:
I/We have read the Constitution and By-Laws of CGCHE and are in agreement with the statements of authority, purpose, and faith of this organization. Furthermore, I/We agree to abide by said guidelines (Article VII, Section 7) of the By-Laws. The Constitution & By-Laws can be viewed HERE.
CGCHE sponsors clubs and activities in which members and their children may be photographed while participating. CGCHE publishes an annual yearbook and has Facebook pages (restricted membership) which depict photos from these clubs and activities.
CENTRAL GEORGIA CHRISTIAN HOME EDUCATORS
Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
I understand that during my participation in Central Georgia Christian Home Educators (hereafter known as CGCHE) outings or events, I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, which are inherent in each outing or event and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the outing or event. These inherent risks include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death (“Injuries and Damages”) from exposure to the hazards of various types and CGCHE has not tried to contradict or minimize my understanding of these risks. I know that Injuries and Damages can occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, animals, trip members, trip leaders and assistants or third parties, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons. I understand that risks of such Injuries and Damages are involved in such CGCHE outings and events and I appreciate that I may have to exercise extra care for my own person, my children, and for others around me in the face of such hazards. I further understand that on outings and events there may not be rescue or medical facilities or expertise necessary to deal with the Injuries and Damages to which I may be exposed. In consideration for my acceptance as a participant on CGCHE outings and events, and the services and amenities to be provided by CGCHE in connection with the outings or events, I confirm my understanding that:
1) I have read or have been notified of any rules and conditions applicable to the outing or event made available;
2) I will pay any costs and fees for the outing;
3) I acknowledge my or any member of my family’s participation is at the discretion of the leader;
4) The outing officially begins and ends at the location(s) designated by CGCHE;
5) The outings or events may include carpooling, transportation, or transit to and from the outing or event, and I am personally responsible for all risk associated with this travel;
6) If I decide to leave early and not to complete the outing or event as planned, I assume all risk inherent in my decision to leave and waive all liability against CGCHE arising from that decision. Likewise, if the leader has concluded the outing or event, and I decide to go forward without the leader, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to go forward and waive all liability against CGCHE arising from the decision; and
7) This Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any provision or any part of any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
To the fullest extend allowed by law, I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY CGCHE, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, even if caused by negligence of CGCHE, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders, in any way connected with outings or events. I further agree to HOLD HARMLESS CGCHE, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders from any claims, damages, injuries, or losses caused by my own negligence while a participant in outings or events. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executor, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying me on the outing. I have read this document in its entirety and I freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such Injuries and Damages and notwithstanding such risks, I agree to participate in the outing or event.